Monday, July 7, 2008

What This Is About

You won't find the recipes for what I am cooking or baking on this blog. This is about my experience with each item that I prepare according to the recipes provided in Le Cordon Bleu At Home: the difficulties, the things I didn't understand and the success of each recipe or failure thereof. Hopefully, pictures of each completed food :-)

I will rely on Jacque Pepin's pictures and explanations for any techniques I don't understand and the DK Pocket Encyclopedia of Cook's Ingredients for items I have not heard of. Chervil, for example, which is called for in the vegetable dish I will be making.

I will not be providing any names of the food in French, which I do not speak. Thankfully, I don't need to speak French in order to enjoy the food.

My other food sources are my herb garden that is planted with rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil (thai and italian), tarragon, mint, parsley (flat-leaf and curly) and chives. We also have bell peppers, banana peppers, sweet peppers (corno de toro) and sungold, yellow pear and brandywine tomatoes.

You will also occassionally find an additional dessert or two thrown in here that is not in the cookbook, simply because I love baking.

No comments: