Sunday, July 20, 2008

Intermission - Puchero and Chocolate Cake

I grew up eating Puchero. It is a hearty Spanish-Filipino stew of chicken, beef, pork and chorizo with chick peas, green beans, cabbage and potatoes in a tomato sauce with onions and garlic. It is served with a side dish of roasted eggplant mashed with minced shallots, garlic and vinegar.

I thank my special friends who sent me a copy of Le Cordon Bleu Complete Cooking Techniques. I wish you were here to share my chocolate cake.

My chocolate cake took me years of searching for the right cake recipe and I thank my friend Marivic who made suggestions for the frosting recipe I spent years trying to perfect. Finally, I've got it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I just started reading your blog and I love it! Since I am STILL reading the 900+ page book that partly takes place in the Philippines, I particularly like the Puchero recipe, although I definitely want to try some eggplant. I'll have fun keeping up with you this way!!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Suzanne,

Thanks What 900+ page book partly takes place in the Philippines?

D