Sunday, July 20, 2008

Menu 2

I made the chicken stock over the weekend to save myself time during the week, using the chicken carcasses I've been saving in my freezer for the soup. I definitely do not have an extra 2.5 hours during the work week to make fresh stock, so I froze it.


Country-style Vegetable Soup with Noodles. Cabbage, leeks, chicken stock and vermicelli pieces. Maybe I should have strained the stock before I used it for the soup so it would have been a clear broth. It tasted fine.

Veal Scallops with Apples and Brandy. Veal scallops lightly fried and smothered with mushrooms and shallots in a cream sauce, garnished with baked apples.


Caramel Custard. Eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla and voila! One of our favorite sweets.


I probably won't be making the soup again and will add shredded chicken for a heartier soup. I would also add a couple of potatoes and blend them into the stock for a thicker broth. It's just a matter of preference.

No comments: